It’s just about 2 weeks into the new year..
How are you faring with your resolutions?
- the list is too long
- you need to prioritize
- you need to choose 1 or 2 things max
- if you succeed at this 1 thing you may feel motivated next year to do the other things on your list
- you need some help and some accountability – talk it through with a friend or a professional
- you need to represent your resolution with pictures and words (cue cutting up old mags or endless google searches)
- it’s too cold
- you’re broke
- there’s left over cheese and sweets
Give yourself a break. The year is 12 months long.
You could make a new month’s resolution next month as they say it takes 21 days to form a habit and Feb only has 28 days.
Or you can make a 3 months resolution at the end of April and have achieved your goal by the time you go on holiday at the beginning of August.
Or you can wait until September and follow the academic year but do some research and planning in the in meantime.
Could your January resolution be to take time to reflect on what you truly want to achieve this year?