7 years, in which I have:
- Doubled the number of my sons
- Realized that as my friend Chris says, ‘a place changes you more, than you change a place’
- Lived the longest at the same address
- Reckoned that home is where you make it, preferably with your family
- Said more hellos than I have ever done in my life
- Bade farewell more than I have ever done in my life, with the exception of when I left my twin-island birthplace
- Overcome many preconceptions yet developed a few more prejudices
7 years since I landed in my desert place, I’ve learnt so much and am still learning more each day as this experience constantly amazes, thrills and infuriates me.
7 years today, my husband, son and I started an adventure… to be continued…
What are you celebrating?